FAST, FRIENDLY, RELIABLE APPLIANCE REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE IN WEST OTTAWA
DEPENDABLE, AFFORDABLE AND TRUSTED APPLIANCE SERVICE - 5 STAR GOOGLE RATING!
Home appliances help us simplify our lives every day and when one breaks down it can really interrupt our routine.
I understand how costly and frustrating appliance repairs and maintenance can be. I am certified, experienced and knowledgeable and offer professional services at affordable rates to keep your home running smoothly.
WHY PEOPLE CHOOSE ME FOR THEIR APPLIANCE REPAIRS
GET A QUICK REPAIR QUOTE FROM MIKE NOW
APPLIANCE REPAIR SERVICE AND MAINTENACE FOR WASHING MACHINES, DRYERS, REFRIGERATORS, OVENS, STOVES AND FREEZERS
SERVICE IN WEST OTTAWA COMMUNITIES INCLUDING WEST CARLETON
REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE FOR ALL MAJOR HOME APPLIANCE BRANDS
Is your appliance under warranty?
If your appliance is still under warranty? I can fix it, but I always recommend first checking with the manufacturer’s authorized warranty representative. That said, I’ve often found that the reps aren’t able to visit rural addresses.
I can complete the repair and then you can submit the invoice to the manufacturer for a refund!
LEADING DRYER BRANDs
COMMON DRYER PROBLEMS THAT I CAN FIX:
• Dryer makes strange noises or vibrates: A fast and inexpensive repair.
• Loss of heat due to issues with the thermostats or heating coil: A one-trip repair that will vary in price depending on the brand or part required.
• Dryer doesn’t run: Inexpensive and easy to fix.
• The dryer motor starts but the drum doesn’t turn: This happens when the belt breaks or detaches from the motor. This is also a quick and easy repair.
Dryers can be big energy hogs, but you can reduce their consumption by following some simple rules.
1. Don’t overload your dryer. Follow the owner’s manual for instructions on load sizes for your particular model.
2. Clean out the lint filter after every load.
3. Once per year, clean out the entire venting system.
4. Pay attention to drying times so that you’ll know as soon as there’s a problem.
LEADING WASHING MACHINE BRANDS
COMMON WASHER PROBLEMS THAT I CAN FIX:
• Drain pump failure: A low to moderate cost depending on the manufacture and model.
• Door bellows (door seals) that are torn or leak: Most often caused by fabrics or foreign objects. An affordable repair that generally takes an hour.
• Washer does not spin: Many causes but most often caused by water not draining out of the tub. Generally easy to fix.
• Leaking: There are many causes, but most are easy to correct.
• Slow to fill: This happens frequently; usually it requires a new water inlet valve. It is an easy and inexpensive repair.
• Corrosion and cracks on spin basket: A very expensive repair.
The warm water for your washer is a mix of the hot and cold water from your home’s water supply. The temperature is dependent on how hot the hot is and how cold the cold is when they mix. If your hot water supply is turned down, or is located a long distance from your washer, the temperature may be cooler than expected.
During the Canadian winter, your cold water supply may become very cold and this will affect the end temperature.
It’s also possible that the water inlet valve is restricted. This could be because there’s sediment on the filter screen. Call me to help!
For a top loader washer, lay clothes loosely inside the washer until they reach the top of the agitator.
For a front loader washer, fill it until it’s full, with minimal compression of the clothes.
LEADING REFRIGERATOR BRANDS
Samsung fridges, Whirlpool fridges, Kenmore fridges, KitchenAid fridges, GE fridges, LG fridges
COMMON FRIDGE PROBLEMS THAT I CAN FIX:
• Problems with water pooling and condensation in the main compartment: A quick and inexpensive repair.
• Refrigerator compartment is warm, but the freezer is cold: This is an air flow problem usually caused by ice build-up or a faulty fan. Usually takes 30-60 minutes to correct and generally inexpensive.
• Refrigerator compartment is too cold and freezes the food: Depending on the model, this could be a temperature control switch but could also be a sensor or control board on newer models. Low to moderate repair costs, considerably less expensive than a new fridge.
• Ice maker is not producing ice: A very common occurrence usually requires a new ice maker. Fortunately, they are not expensive and are quick to replace.
Ovens / Stoves
LEADING OVEN / STOVE BRANDS
COMMON STOVE PROBLEMS THAT I CAN FIX:
• Oven does not heat: This could be one of the elements, but if neither bake nor broil will work it is likely a control board problem. Some control boards can be expensive, but I can arrange to have your control board rebuilt for a fraction of the cost of the new one.
• Surface burner will not come on: The burner you use the most is likely the one to fail first. It could also be the switch that controls the burner. The cost to repair will vary depending on the faulty part. Call me and I will come over to diagnose which part is faulty then replace that item.
• Oven overheats: This is usually an inexpensive oven temperature sensor. It only takes a few minutes to replace.
WEST OTTAWA’S TRUSTED SOURCE FOR APPLIANCE REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE
Mike Cloutier’s Reliable Appliance Repair
Get same or next day service at a time that works for you anywhere in Arnprior, Kanata, Carp, Pakenham, Fitzroy Harbour, Bells Corners, Crystal Beach, Dunrobin, Stittsville, Woodlawn, Kinburn, Constance Bay and Corkery.
If you need a repair quote, please call me directly and have your make and model number available — or use the form below!